Framing a Subject & Metering Mode Practice

Architectural Elements
Shapes or other Elements that Enclose the Subject
Environmental Elements

Frame using light/shadow



1. What camera metering mode (evaluative/matrix, center-weighted or spot) did I use for each image and why?
     I use center-weighted Metering for the "frame using light/shadow" photograph because I want the light focus on model's face with a dark background. If I use evaluative matrix, it will show that my image is too dark.
     For other photographs, I use evaluative matrix mode because they are all big environment inmage which I would like to focus on all the light in the images.

2. What white balance settings did I use for each image?
     I use a yellow tone for the "Architectural Elements" and "Frame using light/shadow". A blue tone for the "Environmental Elements" and "Shapes or other Elements that Enclose the Subject".

3. Do I have a strong composition? Give specific support as to why/why not.
     I think my photographys have a strong composition elemants. I use the rule of third in "Frame using light/shadow". Leading lines in "Architectural Elements".
Diagonals and Triangles in "Environmental Elements". Change your Point of View in "Shapes or other Elements that Enclose the Subject". 

4. What would I do differently if I shot this assignment again?
     I would go outside the room to photograph and combine my photograph with the landscape.

5. Do you think your photo(s) should be considered as one of the best from your classmates? Why or why not?
     No, becasue I feel like my other classmates are all fantastic and there are a lot of things that I still need to learn. Like the composition skill and their lighting setting in the camera. Like Sandy, her photograph of the enclose subject use beautiful color and make the image really attractive to the viewers.

Comments

  1. Victoria,

    Well done! When did you take the 2nd image? The bird's eye view and the model curled in the bathtub really evoke strong emotions. I would love to know more about this image - what is the story/meaning behind it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts