Assignment 24 - TED Talk: How Photography Connects Us

       In the Ted video, a photo directer from National Geographic are making a spech about how good images make connection with people. In my opion, I agree about what he says about how photograph transfor and express emotion. All the photo he shows makes me feels a connection and make me think about the story behind, those pictures impress me and makes me think deeper. 
       Moreover, I feel related to what he says about how images record people's emotions and personal stories, which I believe is the mean reason that camera got invention at first. People want to record things, record the beautiful; record the story; record the truth. Although the picture I have taken is not good as the ones that the speaker shows, I still can remember what I am thinking or what was happening when I took the picture when I look at my works. However, most of my photography, cannot express my emotion as well as those "good images". 
       I have seen many photographs that I like that does not have the identity of "making the connection", but in my opinion, it does not mean their work is not good. There are many styles of taking photographs, different people have a different style, the photojournalism is just one of them. To make a connection and telling a story is the feature of photojournalism. Therefore, the ability to make connection through photographs is not the only characteristic to determine a good photograph. Make connections in important, but in my opinion, as long as the photograph can make people want to look at it and make people love it, it is a good photograph and it is meaningful

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts